FLUID is an award-winning design and innovation agency in the heart of Munich, Germany with a partner office in Los Angeles, California. We are a multi-disciplinary team specialized in crafting beautiful products, creating meaningful experiences and providing holistic design solutions that are deeply grounded in user needs.
This diverse range of expertise helps us create visions and strategies for a varied range of clients across industries from small startups all the way up to some of the world’s most renowned international brands and companies.
Working at FLUID means that you will be part of an enthusiastic, young and dedicated group of out-of-the-box thinkers from all parts of the world. We respect each other and share a strong team spirit. We believe in working in close collaboration with each other, which enables every individual to drive change, take ownership of new ideas and initiatives and enjoy personal growth.
We work in a creative office space, a historic factory building right in the center of Munich in the Gärtnerplatz quarter. Our studio has a great feel-good atmosphere with regular fun activities, monthly lunch talks, fresh fruit and personal and professional development opportunities.
Currently we are looking for you, an enthusiastic and multi-faceted industrial designer to join our team in Munich.
- Develop design concepts based on user needs through all phases of a project: from research, concept development, design refinement to prototyping and user testing
- Create mood boards, personas, use flow scenarios, concept mock-ups, sketches, 2D and 3D CAD models, 2D and 3D renderings and color and material specifications
- Work closely with interaction designers, service designers, design strategists and external model makers
- Manage client communication as well as participating in workshops and presentations in close collaboration with clients
- Work on a broad variety of products from consumer and professional electronics to life sciences and medical equipment
- Degree in Industrial Design
- At least 2+ years of experience in a related position
- Excellent professional communication skills spoken & written (German and English)
- Fluent German is mandatory for this position
- Exceptional visual design skills to create fascinating concepts, sketches, detailed 3D models and stunning renderings
- Excellent presentation skills using software like Keynote or Powerpoint
- Strong knowledge of industrial design processes, materials and manufacturing technologies
- Analytical mindset and organizational skills
- First project-management experience with a focus on ID from research, concept creation, creative work-shops to market launch
- Experience and skills to communicate project- and communication goals with clients while being able to juggle quality, time and budget for multiple projects.
- Professional skills with 3D CAD software (Rhinoceros preferred), Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign as well as 3D rendering tools (Keyshot preferred)
- Good proficiency in animation tools (Cinema4D, Keyshot, AfterEffects, Premiere) for stunning visuals and animated clips.
- Model making skills to create in-house mock-ups in various techniques and materials
- Knowledge of CNC and rapid prototyping machines.
Sounds like you and a place you'd love to come to every morning?
Then we can’t wait to meet you!